Uncover your youth!
What types of skin imperfections are ideal for this techniques?
- Solar Lentigines: more commonly known as sunspots, age spots or liver spots
- Actinic Bronzing: an overall browning of the skin
- Telangiectasia: also known as “spider veins”, tiny capillaries those appear near the surface of the face. They may be red, blue or purple in color.
- Rosacea: inflammation and swelling of the face
- Diminishing the appearance of enlarged pores
How does pulsed light photorejuvenation work?
During photrejuvenation treatments, pulses of wide-beam filtered light are directed onto the affected area and absorbed by the melanin for pigmented lesions and by the blood for vascular lesions.
- Pigmented lesions: photorejuvenation light pulses are directly absorbed by the pigment in the lesion. The light heats the pigment and breaks it up. The lesion darkens and crusts after treatment and is naturally shed from the skin after approximately ten days.
- Vascular lesions: photorejuvenation light pulses heat and shrink the small pigmented capillaries which may redden or become gray after treatment. They then fade from view after approximately ten days.
What are the benefits of IPL photorejuvenation?
- Reduced redness & flushing
- Treat pigmentation (sun & smoke damage, pigmented freckles & age spots, liver spots)
- Treat broken blood vessels (capillaries)
- More even skin tone
- Reduced fine lines & wrinkles
- Reduced pore size & acne scars
- Healthier-looking skin
- Smoother skin
- No downtime
How treatments will I need to see the desired results?
Will photorejuvenation treatments hurt?
Photorejuvenation uses a unique long pulse width that delivers energy to the skin over a relatively long period of time without overheating the epidermis. This makes the treatment safer and more comfortable. Patients may experience
a feeling similar to that of a small rubber band being snapped on the skin, but most clients do not report this sensation as painful.
Are there any adverse reactions to treatment?
You may experience temporary redness and a mild “sunburn-like” effect that may last a few hours to a few days.
Take years off your appearance! Make your appointment today to clear un-desirable sun damage, age spots and spider veins with the latest in pulsed-light photo facial treatment from leading aestheticians at Chicago’s Ageless Medspa.