Dermal fillers and injectables are prescription gel substances that smooth wrinkles, fine lines, furrows, hollows and boost volume in the skin.
While some more extreme facial flaws require surgery to correct, the most effective facial fillers can produce dramatic improvements without the need for surgery. Aging skin loses its firm, taut quality as the body stops producing the quantity of collagen and elastin it produced in our younger years. As the skin and tissue thins, wrinkles, creases, and grooves begin to appear.
Dr. Sypien and her team are committed to providing patients with the most advanced, effective cosmetic treatments, both surgical and non-surgical. Various dermal fillers are used to treat wrinkles, lines, lost volume in cheeks and lips, or to plump up an area to create a more attractive look without implants or surgery. Is your facial skin showing the signs of age? These fillers provide a real opportunity to keep your skin looking younger, fresher, and firmer, by reducing the appearance of creases and lines that make you look older.
What types of dermal fillers are available?
Ageless Medspa offers dermal filler treatments which include tiny facial injections to insert cosmetic wrinkle fillers underneath a facial wrinkle.
- Juvéderm Voluma™ XC is an injectable gel is the first and only filler FDA-approved to instantly add volume to the cheek area. It gives you a subtle lift, helping to restore contour and a more youthful profile, for up to 2 years, in patients over the age of 21.
- Juvéderm® XC - smoothes out moderate to severe wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth, like parentheses.
- Juvéderm Vollure™ XC - softens moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles to create a smoother appearance for up to 18 months.*
- Juvéderm Volbella™ XC - adds volume to the lips and smooths vertical lip lines, giving you results that last through 1 year with optimal treatment.
- Restylane® line of products,your specialist can customize the ideal treatment plan to enhance your natural look.
... Restylane® - for facial wrinkles and folds
... Restylane Silk® - for lips and the lines around them
... Restylane Lyft® - for lifted, cheeks and smoothed wrinkles
... Restylane® Refyne - for moderate to severe facial wrinkles
... Restylane® Defyne - for moderate to severe, deep facial wrinkles and folds
- Radiesse® is synthetic dermal filler comprised of calcium hydroxyapatite. This injectable is long-lasting as it forms collagen around the microspheres adding bulk to reduce wrinkle appearance.
What are common uses of dermal filler treatments?
- Facial folds & wrinkles
- Facial volume restoration
- Lip augmentation
- Facial re-shaping
What are the benefits of dermal fillers?
- Minimal or no downtime
- Fast natural results
- Facial elasticity
- Long-lasting but yet non-permanent for a controlled look
How should I prepare for treatment?
Dermal Filler treatments typically require no pre-testing but you should avoid using aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John's Wort and vitamin E supplements prior to treatment as these may increase bruising or bleeding at the injection site. For those prone to Cold Sores, M. Sypien, MD of Ageless MedSpa recommends taking cold sore medication a few days prior to treatment to prevent cold sore recurrence.
Will I need maintenance or repeat injectables?
Yes, all facial filler treatments require maintenance 1-4 times per year depending on the injected area and you particular body chemistry. M. Sypien, MD can recommend a customized annual dermal filler maintenance plan for optimum results.
Can I use dermal fillers in combination with other wrinkle filler treatments?
Combining these dermal fillers with other facial filler treatments can dramatically improve the desired effects.
M. Sypien, MD is specialized in determining the best facial filler program for your specific skin type.
Which dermal fillers are most expensive?
The dermal facial filler Juvederm can cost more per syringe with less product per injection than Restylane depending on the physician. M. Sypien, MD will design the most cost-effective wrinkle filling program to suit your budget.
The first step is to contact Ageless MedSpa for a complimentary consultation. M. Sypien, MD will assess your needs, treatment goals and give you a careful and honest assessment. We will also advise you on both the type and amount of filler needed to achieve the best results possible. We have many years of specialized experience in the use of dermal fillers and would be pleased to advise you on what treatment is right for you.
How long do dermal filler injectables take to administer?
The average facial wrinkle filler treatment at Ageless MedSpa takes about 20-30 minutes per session depending on the individual and area to be treated.
What are the potential side effects of dermal wrinkle fillers?
Some of the most common side effects of facial fillers are brief allergic reactions, bruising at the injection site, numbness, temporary redness, swelling, pain, tenderness or discoloration.